"someone else to organise everything from kit to maps to picnics." - The Guardian
Why Choose Pure Mountains?
Quality. To make sure that you will be delighted with every element of your holiday, the emphasis is on quality in everything we provide. We don't think that being on a mountain biking holiday means that you want to slum it. You will be guided, cooked for, cleaned up after and driven by experts who know the region, speak the language and have a relationship with the land and the people of the area.
- The holidays are legally registered with Andalucía's Active Tourism division. Registration number AT/GR/00100. This assures you that we have all the right qualifications and insurance policies in place.
- You ride every day, so making the most of your holiday. That's six days' riding on a seven night trip, with no enforced day off.
- Routes. We've spent years finding the best routes. Most start at the front door. We know what time of year to ride them and in which direction, so you don't spend hours hiking up singletrack that you could be flying down. You can relax and enjoy the riding without having to worry about navigating. This region of Spain is still wild, not a manufactured bikers' playground. There are no ski lifts and no coach parties.
- Guides. We take your enjoyment seriously. Our guides are qualified in leading bike groups and in mountain first aid. We will keep you safe, so that you can have a carefree biking holiday.
- Vehicle support. The Land Rover is on hand for carrying gear, providing lunch and falling into if you overdo it. Sometimes we use it for gaining height at the beginning or end of the days' rides.
- Bikes. If you don’t fancy bringing your own, you can hire one of ours.
- Bike workshop. We have a fully equipped workshop and will happily help you to keep your bike in good working order during your stay.
The Accommodation, Food & Drink
- Our luxury rustic cortijo (farmhouse) is in the heart of the Sierra Nevada Natural Park, an area designated as a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve. It was built to stringent environmental rules and aesthetic considerations, resulting in a unique place to stay in a wilderness setting. It has been inspected and granted 'casa rural' status by Andalucía's extremely demanding Ministry of Tourism. Registration number CR/GR/00179.
- The guest bedrooms are large, with en-suite bathrooms.
- Food and drink. The holiday price includes all your meals (except two dinners out) and wine and beer whilst at the cortijo. Our cook provides you with tasty, nutritious food and plenty of it.