This trip offers our UK-based guests (and potential guests) a weekend of fantastic trail riding, in the Pure Mountains tradition, a bit closer to home. Riders from further afield are also welcome, of course!
We first ran the trip in July 2016. It was such a success that we will be running another in 2017.
Exmoor National Park is an upland gem that straddles the Somerset / Devon border in the south west of England.
We have teamed up with local experts, WildBike, to offer a two / three night trip with two / three days of guided riding.
Exmoor has a dense network of outstanding and quite challenging trails, both up and down. The trails traverse open moorland and dense woodland. There is an array of singletrack routes that run from the highest point, Dunkery Beacon at 512m, down to the sea. It's England's Finale Ligure!
The local guides will show us the very best of these over the weekend.
To add to the fun, we’ll stay at the WildBike luxury tented basecamp in a gloriously sheltered position right at the foot of the trails. The camp site is just outside the little town of Porlock, from whence came the infamous "person from Porlock" who interrupted Coleridge while he was writing Kubla Khan in 1797.
We will ride straight onto and off the trails via the back gate of the campsite. Guests will have their own tent (provided) and can relax in the Soul Pad chillout tent, complete with carpets, heating, music, comfy seating and hearty snacks. The campsite is a few hundred metres from two excellent teashops and a short pedal from the village pub.
Guests arrive on Thursday or Friday evening and depart after Sunday's post-ride cakes. The trip inclides:
- Two / three nights' accommodation at the WildBike basecamp, with Soul Pad common room and quality mountain tents for sleeping
- Guided riding by qualified guides in small groups on Friday (for Thursday evening arrivers), Saturday and Sunday
- Saturday evening barbecue, weather permitting
- Two hearty breakfasts
- Optional transfer from and to Taunton railway station
- Coffees, teas, wine and beer
- Post-ride cakes
- Vehicle support
- Bike wash, secure lock-up and mechanical support
- Thursday and Friday evening dinner and at your own cost (probably in the local pub). We'll provide a welcome drink, or two.
- Café lunches at your own cost
Contact us to boook or to find out more.